The Kokoda Memorial Foundation which is a non-profit organisation was formed in late 1998 after the four founding directors walked the Kokoda Track as part of a guided tour. When they walked the Track they were moved by it's history and touched by the people who greeted them with open arms as they entered each village.
Partnership in Papua New Guinea
- Koiari Holdings Ltd
- Australian Air Force - www.defence.gov.au/raaf
- Australian Army - www.army.gov.au
- Australian Navy - www.navy.gov.au
- Helifix P.N.G - www.helifix.com.pg Support in providing a helicopter to cart materials for the Imita Ridge and Ioribaiwa Village plinths and plaques
- 8 RAR - A group of active Vietnam Veterans, members of 8 RAR have significantly supported KMF in all endeavours. The volunteers lead by Mr. Bob Long have aided in all aspects of design, logistics, funding raising, leadership and skills necessary to build the memorials and infrastructure in all the projects.
This is the article about the KMF arriving in PNG...